Welcome to the interactive main page and blog for the Johns Hopkins Committee on the Status of Women. We created this page to facilitate dialogue with everyone who is interested in creating and maintaining a diverse, inclusive culture.
Quick Facts about this Committee
- Founded in 2002 to write the Vision 2020 report, published in 2006
- Works on behalf of teaching and research faculty on the Homewood campus
- Hosts annual “Where We Stand: Women at Hopkins” event to highlight the work ahead of us in terms of gender equity—as well as the progress we’re making
- Coordinates efforts with the Diversity Leadership Council, Office of WorkLife, Homewood Committee on Inclusive Excellence, and others
- In spring of 2017, published a Report Card on Vision 2020 (at the deans’ request)
- In 2017-18, hope to expand membership, lay groundwork for leadership training for women at Homewood, and follow up on Report Card recommendations, large and small